When? Every Thursday and Saturday at 01:30 pm;
Where? Starts in front of the monument of Gediminas at Cathedral square;
How much? Based on tips, that means that if you like the tour you can evaluate the guides job by giving him some tips;
Registration: Fill up the booking form or simply show up at the meeting point on time.
Note: Be prepared to use public transport twice! The price for one ticket is 1 EUR;
P.S. Walking distance is still around 5-6 km;
Vilnius Free Alternative tour is the best way to get a different perspective of Vilnius. If during the Old Town Tour we travel in time and take you back to the medieval Vilnius with its beautiful sites and magnificent churches, the Alternative tour focus on the recent history and the present of a city.
Throughout the tour, we will travel by bus to the most dynamic, but at the same time neglected areas of Vilnius that probably in a few years will look totally different. Don’t miss an opportunity to be a witness of these changes and find out how local’s live, work, create and party in Vilnius.
Wear comfortable shoes; Get in a good mood, and join the Alternative tour to gain an authentic insight into Vilnius outside tourist trail.
What will you see during the free walking tour:
- Wooden architecture of Vilnius dating to XIX-XX centuries, the area referred to a” slum” just close to the city center;
- Europe square in the modern city center with the highest skyscrapers in Lithuania;
- The egg that “hatched ” the angel of Uzupis;
- Station district that is now called the most promising part of the town;
- Lithuanian writer square;
- Trendy, new places where Lithuanians tired of “Old Town routine” go to party;
- Street art in unexpected places;
- The famous painting where Trump kisses Putin;
- All this and much more…